Signs you Need Transmission Repair
At Capitol Transmission, we know vehicle maintenance doesn’t always happen on schedule. Sometimes a problem can arise suddenly in your vehicle and it’s not always clear where the trouble comes from. Your vehicle’s transmission is very obvious when it develops a fault because it is such an important system in your engine. To help you identify what are potential transmission issues, our technicians put together a list of varioius signs you should look out for.
- Difficult or Unexpected Gear Shifts: If your manual transmission is feeling stiff and unresponsive, or if your automatic transmission is shifting at inappropriate times, this means your transmission is in need of repair.
- Shaking and Grinding: If your transmission is in trouble, you will feel it when shifting gears. A grinding or shuddering sensation is common when a transmission has trouble shifting fluidly.
- Sounds: Any grinding noises while shifting or knocking noises while in neutral are clear indications of a transmission in trouble.
- Burning Smell: There are two transmission issues that could lead to a burning smell. Either the transmission fluid is old and burning or the transmission itself is overheating. In either situation, your vehicle needs immediate attention and repair.
- Leaking: Transmission fluid is a red, sweet-smelling liquid. If you notice this type of liquid underneath your car, bring it to the attention of your mechanic as soon as possible. If you’re losing transmission fluid, there is a greater chance your transmission will overheat and develop faults.
Even one of the signs listed above is concerning by itself. Because your transmission plays such a vital role in your vehicle, it is important to address any maintenance issues as soon as they develop. At Capitol Transmission, we have been serving the Hartford, Connecticut community since 1934 and repairing transmissions since the day we opened. For our customer’s peace of mind, we offer a 3-year/100,000-mile warranty on all transmission repairs. Use our online booking system, or call to make an appointment to speak with any one of our highly trained technicians about your vehicle’s performance concerns: (860) 953-9155